This easy Christmas dessert features peaches, crème fraîche and gingerbread-spiced cake all rolled into one!
- 5 eggs
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 150g (1 cup) pure icing sugar
- 3 yellow peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 x 200ml tubs crème fraîche
- 180g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
75g (1/2 cup) pistachio kernels, finely chopped, plus extra, finely chopped, to decorate
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C fan forced. Grease a 24 x 29cm shallow baking pan or Swiss roll pan and line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang 2cm above the long sides.
- Step 2
Use electric beaters to beat the eggs and caster sugar in a bowl for 7 minutes or until thick, pale and a ribbon trail forms when the beaters are lifted.