Take a few shortcuts with this one-pan roast chicken and rice dish.
- 280g jar Coles Chargrilled Vegetables, drained reserving oil
- 1 pkt (about 1.8kg) Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Portions Herb Sprinkle
- 11/2 cups (300g) long-grain rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish over high heat. Add 1 tbs of the reserved oil from the chargrilled vegetables. Add half the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 2Add rice, stock and chargrilled vegetables to the pan. Bring to the boil. Arrange chicken over rice and cover with foil.
- Step 3Roast for 40 mins or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
- Step 4Sprinkle with oregano to serve.