Make use of olive oil and sour cream with this cake recipe that is moist and delicious, and ready in just over an hour.
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Moro Primero Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup (160g) sour cream
- 180g good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs Moro Delicado Light Taste Olive Oil
- 2 tbs chopped dried cranberries
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a deep 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Step 2
Combine the sugar and flour in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and sour cream in a large jug until combined. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined (don’t overmix).
- Step 3
Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 55 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre of cake comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 4
Meanwhile, place the chocolate and light taste olive oil in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool. Place in fridge for 10 mins to chill.
- Step 5
Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the cake and sprinkle with the cranberry and pistachio.