Take your baking up a notch and add olive oil to the mix with these delightful mini orange cakes.
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (125ml) La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind, extra
Orange zest, to serve
- Step 1
Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs, sugar and orange rind in a bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in flour, almond meal, oil and milk, in 2 batches, until combined. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Step 2
Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan. Spoon batter evenly into pan. Combine extra sugar and extra orange rind in a bowl. Sprinkle over batter in the pan.
- Step 3
Bake for 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pan or 5 mins to cool before turning onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with orange zest and serve warm or at room temperature.