- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (215g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Frangelico or orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Double cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a round 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with baking paper.
- Step 2Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. Add the oil and liqueur and whisk until just incorporated. Add flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder and rind and use a metal spoon to gently fold until just combined. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the top. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Step 3Remove from oven and set aside to cool in the pan. Serve with cream, if desired.
All nutrition values are per serve
This cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.